Saturday, February 20, 2010

My very first blog post

Hi, my name is Angela Hickey. I am a mother to 3. Daughter Christina, sons Jonathan and Daniel. Mother-in-Law to Elijah, Nicole and Michelle. Grandmother to 4 beautiful grandchilren from Christina. Chance 11, Hannah almost 9, Cameron 4 and Cash 3.

I have been a artist and crafter as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is designing clothes and shoes for my Barbies. After I was let go from my last job after almost 12 years, I needed something to occupy my time and mind. I discovered polymer clay. I've used several mediums and done lots of different crafts over the years. I've got to say polymer clay is the most amazing medium I've ever come across. The possibilities of what can be made and done with it are endless.

I first started selling on eBay as a way to make up for my lost income. I found there was actually a market for the things I was making. I never had any trouble selling. A little over 2 years ago one of my customers told me about a site called Etsy. I fell in love immediately. It is a wonderful market place for handcrafted things. I sold my first item 5 days after joining, and haven't looked back since. Here is my store, if you'd like to take a look.

I joined a team on Etsy called the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy (PCAGOE for short). I mainly joined as a way to help market myself. It is more than just a street team on Etsy. It is the most talented, wonderfully giving bunch of people I have ever met.

This is my very first blog post. I hope to make it a habit to post something every week at the very least. Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of polymer clay blogs!
    I am a new blogger too. I found this one through facebook.
    Do you still sell on ebay?
    Good luck with keeping up with the blog - you're doing well so far.

    ReplyDelete